My Art

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter Eggs!


So I've spent the last few hours making eggs. Started out with boiling eggs and realised I didn't have dye or vinegar. Luckily I never clean my car out so after some digging around in my trunk I found an egg kit and looking in one of the cabinets I found what looks like a bottle of vinegar made in the 70's. I should have taken a picture of that. 

And while I don't post often, I thought it'd be fun to post of few tidbits on easter eggs. :) Taken from wiki:
~*~*~
The egg is a pagan symbol of the rebirth of the Earth in celebrations of spring and was adopted by early Christians as a symbol of the resurrection of Jesus.

There are good grounds for the association between hares (later termed Easter bunnies) and eggs, through folklore confusion between hares' forms (where they raise their young) and plovers' nests.[3] The mention of eggs left for children in connection with the Germanic goddess Ostara in the supposed Old High German lullaby is considered a literary forgery.

~*~*~

Anyways I wanted to wish everyone a Happy Easter! Hope you're eggs turn out colorful and you get some gifts from the Easter Bunny. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews